Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Introducing...

Hello, I am a lover of the cinema. I am also a lover of lists. Do the math, and you have both this blog and an impossible (or at least, improbable) equation.

What I'm attempting to do is list my top 71 (it's a numerology thing) favorite movies in reverse order, saving the best for last. I'll do my best to explain why I like each one, and hopefully inspire any poor soul stuck reading this to seek the films out for either a first time viewing or rewatch.

Why should you care what I have to say? You have no reason to. I'm no authority, and only an amateur critic at best. But then again, movies are made for their audiences, so even casual viewers such as you (unless you professionally critique, by which I mean someone pays you for it) and I can play our parts in reflection and discussion. What did the filmmakers intend to convey (and did succeeded or failed, in our humble opinions)? What did that flick mean to us personally?

We may even learn something - about motion pictures, about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment